Tuesday, May 12

Philadelphia Wizard World

This past weekend, my sister and I attended Philadelphia Wizard World.  Similar to a smaller Comic Con, the convention hosted hundreds of artists and vendors, thousands of guests, and an incredible lineup of actor appearances.  Not to mention, an ideal location in the middle of downtown Philadelphia (right across to Reading Terminal Market).

Over the weekend, we attended a few pretty great panels, ate at Reading Terminal Market (although, not enough times, in my opinion), and met some cool people.  I did end up purchasing my own tiny top hat and another timepiece necklace, but realistically...what blog named "in a world of my own" doesn't have some sort of Alice in Wonderland paraphernalia.  And also, it makes it that much easier to create an Alice in Wonderland costume for a future convention/Halloween.

Photos of only a few of the amazing cosplays at the con.

The Mad Hatter from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Osgood and Dalek from Doctor Who 

Me (and my newly purchased tiny top hat) and the Tenth Doctor

Lady Captain America and Bucky Barnes from Marvel's Captain America movies

Krista Lenz from Attack on Titan

And no nerd convention wouldn't be complete without its fair share of guest appearances.

Summer Glau (River Tam from Firefly)

James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley)

Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter from Marvel's Captain America movies and Marvel's Agent Carter)

While I had and still have more than a few angry words to say to the Wizard World organizers, I had a really great time.  I think more than anything, I really just enjoy traveling/exploring new cities with my sister, and I've been pretty grateful to have had multiple chances to do so in the recent past/future.

 Currently listening to watching: The Social Network (one of my favorite movies; I've been watching it pretty frequently recently)

1 comment: