Thursday, March 12

"Go Ahead & Like It" by Jacqueline Suskin

Whenever I'm at a loss for blog posts, I go to my Pinterest page for inspiration.  And it never fails.  This quote below reminds me of something I came across while discovering LA with my sister a few weeks back, one of the highlights of my time there.


This is Jacqueline Suskin.  Definitely one of LA's hidden gems, she is a "writer, performance poet and artist."  My sister and I met her at a farmer's market and I was instantly infatuated with her and Poem Store.

According to her website, Poem Store is a "performance-business-poetry piece that consists of composing custom poetry on a manual typewriter, in exchange for a donation. Your subject, your price."


While talking to her, she mentioned that she had written a book called "Go Ahead & Like It".  The book describes the benefits, social, mental, and emotional, of writing these "I like:" lists.  While it hasn't been officially released, I got a sneak peek look at the book and immediately fell in love with its beautiful illustrations and poetic prose.  I can't wait until its official release and I recommend everyone check out her website.

Currently listening to; "Believe" Mumford and Sons
Despite all of the criticism for Mumford and Sons' new sound, I cannot stop listening to this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment