Sunday, January 27

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."

A large majority of my college weekends thus far have been spent watching movies.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  I go to my fair share of parties, but it's always nice to just watch a movie with friends.  Since I got back to school, my friends and I watched The Perks of a Wallflower and Silver Linings Playbook.

I'd never read The Perks of a Wallflower (definitely on my reading list now), but I thought it was a beautiful movie.  Directed by the author, I loved the soundtrack and general aesthetic of the movie.  So many shoutouts to the great things about the recent past; mix tapes, typewriters, and being an individual.  Coming out of the movie, I thought two things: firstly, that I wasn't living my life to the fullest and secondly, that I wanted to.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/10/perks-of-being-a-wallflower-sneak-peek/_jcr_content/par/cn_contentwell/par-main/cn_pagination_contai/cn_image.size.perks-of-being-a-wallflower.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/486040_476313479093455_1852930604_n.jpghttp://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/69597_477641375627332_370388134_n.jpg

We also watched Silver Linings Playbook last night.  This movie, while also brilliant, with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, was a more typical Hollywood romcom, which isn't a bad thing.  I wasn't left with any lingering feelings or desires from this movie, but it was still very enjoyable.


Movies still on the "To Watch" list:
- Moonrise Kingdom
- The Art of Getting By

Currently listening to: "Asleep" The Smiths (and the rest of the Perks soundtrack)

No comments:

Post a Comment