Tuesday, October 27

A Feast for the Eyes: Crimson Peak

This past weekend on campus was William & Mary's Homecoming.  While I'll post some pictures from the festivities of the weekend later, this post is about Crimson Peak.  My friends and I took an early-ish Sunday morning to get together like the good old days and watch a horror movie.  And while it wasn't quite a horror movie, it was a beautifully artistic ghost story...or a "gothic romance" as Tom Hiddleston put it.  I won't lie, I was holding onto every word Tom Hiddleston spoke.

Here are some shots from the film.

The Crimson Peak estate, in all its dilapidated glory.





I thought the movie was interesting; it may have combined one too many horror movie elements, but I appreciated the novelty of the story.  Everything was incredibly intricate, from the costumes to the house itself and I was glad that I was watching it on the big screen so I could take full advantage of it.  Definitely one to see again, if not only for the wonderfully romantic being that is Tom Hiddleston.

Currently listening to: "This is Why We Fight" The Decemberists

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely. Good post. I too am glad I saw it on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete