Wednesday, February 15

One day you're in...

So I meant to post this earlier in the week, but last Saturday, my roommate and I entered a Project Runway competition on campus.  The general idea of the competition was that groups of up to four had two hours to create a look using materials that were supplied and one article of clothing from Goodwill, which was also supplied.

The winner would get free Netflix for one year and runner-up would get Project Runway Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.  My roommate and I entered sort of on a whim and it ended up being a lot of fun.  We got second place, which was pretty good.  I think one of the best parts of the night was when a member of the winning team asked me if she could have the outfit.  I hadn't thought about keeping it, but after that, I realized that I kinda did want it for myself.

Here's the final product.  The skirt is made from a pair of super large pants from Goodwill.  The shirt is made from a garbage bag and a lace curtain.  And the back is just braided strips of fabric.  Love the open back.



Needless to say, I have the utmost respect for fashion designers, or just people who can sew.  Ahh, I wish I could make my own clothing.  All of the tops would have some sort of open/cutout back..I'm a bit obsessed with that trend.

PS: Also, my first actual Valentine's Day was yesterday.  :)  Tulips and a steak dinner.  Life is good.

Currently listening to: "Rhinestone Eyes" The Gorillaz

No comments:

Post a Comment