Monday, July 20

Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness at The National

I've been a bit spoiled in the past few years, particularly this last year.  I've been able to go to so many amazing concerts/shows at incredibly accessible venues; The Norva, The National, Suffolk National Airport (festival at an airport?  best idea).  But unfortunately, my brother's never really had that chance to go a concert of his own choosing....as the baby brother, he's been dragged along to many shows that haven't quite been his style.

So when I saw that Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness was coming around to Richmond, I just had to get tickets.  Jack's Mannequin, Something Corporate, AMITW...there was no possibility that it wouldn't be an amazing show.  Here are some blurry iPhone shots from the night....as per my concert M.O., we were essentially front row and it was definitely a night to remember.



You know it'll be a good show when both opening acts are stellar.  Grizfolk below.  I've got to remember to check out some of their stuff....it's been a while since the concert and I've forgotten what they sound like.


X Ambassadors.  Love....so much love.  So. Good. Live.  There's nothing else to say, their set was like nothing I could've dreamt up.  Amazing.

And the man of the hour himself; Andrew McMahon.  There are definitely some gems on the AMITW album, but nothing gets to me quicker than "Holiday from Real".  It was an experience being able to hear him perform that song, particularly for it being the 10th anniversary of Everything in Transit.



21st century concertgoer.  XD



The cherry on top of an amazing night.  My brother essentially got handed a setlist after the show....for his first concert, I couldn't be happier.

After the show, there was a bit of a botched attempt to get an after-concert dinner at Strange Matter, but it didn't matter.  If I end up moving back homewards after graduation, I will definitely miss being so close to these two amazingg venues.  Haha, it's like I live my life from concert to concert...and I am completely okay with that.

EDIT: Setlist from the show.  Happy 10 year anniversary, "Everything in Transit."

Currently listening to: "Unsteady" X Ambassadors

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I was at that show and looking for a copy of the set. Could you post a pic of the setlist, pretty please?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. I've updated the post with the setlist. Enjoy!

      Kathy :)

      Delete
    2. yay! thank you sooo much!!! It was such a great show! (btw, that's me with the black hair and the blue headband in the bottom of the first AM pic.)

      Delete