Wednesday, March 9

A Look Into the Future?

Today I hung out with a couple of high school friends, who now go to VTech. Oh wait, I mean 'Virginia Tech' or even 'Tech.' Apparently no one says VTech anymore...or so I was told. Aside from me missing the VT memo, I had a lot of fun. At first, we had Halal for lunch. Which, Miguel, if you're reading this, I had mine in honor of you.

The main topic of this post however, is Georgetown. After lunch, we drove over to Georgetown just to hang out and walk around. You know, catch up. As soon as we started to walk through the Georgetown streets, my decision on where I wanted to live when I grew up became even more solidified. It was the San Francisco, NYC, cafés on every block-type town that spoke to me. Streets lining the small, crowded streets and tiny, but extremely expensive apartments crammed wherever there was a free space.

I couldn't really explain it, but there was something about just walking through those streets that made me feel..like I wasn't a kid anymore. And I could picture myself living there. There's only one thing standing in the way..the many years of school and hundreds of thousands of dollars I'll have to make in order to be able to afford the type of high-class, but laid-back lifestyle I'm looking for. Well, maybe more than one thing.

One of the stores we visited was Urban Outfitters. I, even with my obsession for lookbook and shopping for clothes, have never been to Urban Outfitters. And I loved that store; not only the clothes, but the design, the atmosphere, and entire layout just really appealed to my tastes. Oh, and of course the clothes. Maybe it's the hidden hipster in me, maybe not. But I will have to come there more often, seeing as I didn't buy anything today.

UO - Georgetown

In addition to the beautiful streets of Georgetown, we visited the Kennedy Center and walked along the river. If only the sun had been out, it would've been an almost perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment