Sunday, June 24

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”

Summer is officially at the halfway point.  At least, my summer is.  I've been at school for six weeks and I've another six to go.  I'm not entirely sure whether time's been moving quickly or not.  But I've gotten into a pretty nice schedule of work, reading, exercising, making food, and thrifting.

Random pictures I've taken throughout the summer that didn't make it into other posts:

Part of a local Les Mis cast performed some songs at the Arts & Crafts Fair I went to a few weeks ago.

Outfit containing the first skirt I made:

The Sunken Gardens on a particularly sunny day:


When people ask me what I do on my free time, after a bit of thought, the answer's always "...Well, I read a lot."  Which is definitely a change, and a good one.

Artistic picture of "Water for Elephants."  I never could get into it, but I may try again in a few weeks.

A couple statues tucked away on campus:



Outside of the regional library:


In other news, my family's finally coming down to visit on Saturday!  I'm really excited, I haven't seen them in a while and I miss them.  Not to mention there's been some tension regarding days off and finding a good time for my parents to come down.  But I won't dwell on that.  :)

Title quote from Groucho Max.

Currently listening to: nothing at the moment; I'm at work right now

No comments:

Post a Comment